Information on Nightlase
– Phast Nightlase is a non-ablative ER:YAG tightening and elevation of the soft palate and surrounding tissue.
– There is no use of needles or anesthesia to complete the procedure and there is no pre op or post op pain from the procedure.
– The Nightlase Procedure consists of three (3) 20 minute sessions over a 2 month period AND immediate results can be seen after the first treatment (on average 50% reduction)
– Nightlase is an alternative for patients who either refuse to use a CPAP or Oral Appliance or who cannot tolerate them.
– Nightlase can also be recommended as a treatment alternative for primary snoring in a patient without OSA.
– Dr. Val recommends a follow up sleep study for those patients who have tested positive for OSA.
– The Three Phases of the Nightlase Treatment
– Photo- Thermal Interaction- The ER:YAG SMOOTH mode controlled tissue heating process that enables controlled tissue temperature increase (50-70 degree C) to defined mucous tissue depth (200-500 um) achieving thus desired collagen remodeling and neo-collagenesis. Immediate collagen shrinkage of up to 30% is achieved.
– Thermo-Mechanical Interaction- The Secondary effect on the soft palate structure, after thermal effect on the outer tissue layer, we attribute to mechanical pull. After the shrinkage of upper layers, lower tissue layers get pulled together due to mechanical tensions between the layers.
– Growth of New Collagen Fibers- Lastly, through the process neo-collagenesis, initiated by heating of the mucosa, new collagen fibers are further contributing to improvement of thickness, elasticity, and firmness of the soft palate.
PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE AND DETERMINING IF THIS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU!